Monday, June 29, 2009

Family Photo Meme


Having been tagged by Karen of http://kareninmommyland.blogspot.com (sorry have not figured out how to do the fancy linking thing yet) here is a family photo and the story behind.


This was taken last summer (2008) on the beach in Maine, featuring in addition to Elisabeth and myself my wonderful SIL Karen and her daughter C. We were happy to discover last year that we would be pregnant at the same time and due about a month apart.

The plot thickened when E. decided to wait and be born in March and her cousin decided to come a little early. In reality they were born nine days apart. How much fun is there going to be watching these little girls grow up together.


Already I have the happy memory of two babies happily hanging out in their carriers as we introduced them to the wonderful if chilly beaches in Maine.

I tag Mindy, Molly, and anyone else with a photo to share and a story to tell.

2 comments:

  1. Great story! It's fun having a family member with a baby close in age to your own. My older daughter has a 3rd cousin (no first cousins for my kids, yet) who is 5 days younger. It was a lot of fun to see them interact as babies and toddlers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I am still waiting for someone to give my kids some cousins!

    ReplyDelete