- Our Advent/Christmas party came off with the usual number of little hitches that ultimately noone cares about; the fire eventually blazed, the children eventually ate and a lovely time was had by all. A worthy tradition dating back to my husband's grad school days continued.
- Said wonderful husband took toddler duty last night so I could attend a talk given by author James Martin S.J. on "Joy in the Spiritual Life". A wonderful, funny and poignant talk about living your faiths journey in such a way that might appeal to others. It is Good News we wish to share after all.
- Many of the funny anecdotes he shared came from the lives of the saints, many of which were also mentioned in his book My Life with the Saints; that I may have mentioned a time or twenty.
- Given the topic I heard my name a few dozen times reminding me that this coming Sunday (the 3rd Sunday of Advent) is Gaudete Sunday. When I was little I would try and keep count of how often I heard my name or some variation: joyful, rejoice, joyous, etc
- Part of Christmas preparation this year has been introducing E. to the animal reindeer. I'm making progress, she only refers to them as dogs about half the time now.
- As my semester ends hoping for (after a big push to get final grades done) a shifting of focus to wrapping gifts, addressing cards and decorating.
- Plans for the weekend, quality family time, possibly getting our tree, and maybe meeting a celebrity???
Please visit and enjoy other wonderful Quick Takes at Conversion Diary hosted by Jen