- My mother-in-law is a very dynamic, hard-working, rarely sits down for long person; so I often find her visits fun and a little exhausting. That is not to say that I don't really appreciate looking around my house afterwards and seeing all the little (and not so little) jobs accomplished either by her or thanks to her cheering and motivating.
- My brother is currently through-hiking the Appalachian Trail (northbound-Georgia to Maine) and I received an email from him saying that his first week went well and that he is loving it. I'm going to enjoy I think pausing from time to time in the course of going about my daily life of work and family ~ thinking of him on the trail, wondering where he is now and wishing him well.
- Pregnancy continues to go well with more movement felt by me, though not yet 'feelable' from the outside. One interesting difference from my pregnancy with Elisabeth; much less heartburn. Elisabeth was born with and has always had a full head of hair, following the old wives tale about heartburn~hair, will be interesting to see how much hair this baby comes into the world with??
- 'No' has been a part of E.'s vocabulary for awhile now, but this week for the first time when I asked her to eat something perhaps one time too many it was accompanied by finger wagging. I guess she told me.
- My birthday is in May, and so if any were blooming my mom would put a sprig of Lily of the Valley, on my plate at breakfast. So far I've not had any luck getting some to grow in my yard, so unfortunately there won't be any on my plate again this year. Remembering this little tradition of my mom and mine has me wondering what little traditions could I build into our home that Elisabeth and her siblings will carry with them long after they grown-up.
- Current favorite foods in toddler-land, cheese pizza, oranges, and ice cream
- This weekend we will be attending the baptism of a friend's son, and also (though to far away to attend) a friend's daughter will receive her first Holy Communion. It feels so fun and festive to attend these sacraments of initiation during the Easter Season.
Friday, April 30, 2010
Thursday, April 29, 2010
- The house got a good washing, getting off tons of dirt and mildew
- Got a lazy-susan installed into a previously very disorganized cabinet
- Trimmed a couple of trees in the yard badly in need, greatly improving the sunlight there.
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
It was almost exactly a decade ago, and was a little gray thing which I really enjoyed but probably wasn't very cool.
3. What was your first car? Did you love it or hate it?
4. Who was your hero growing up?
5. Think back to your first kiss. Was it everything you dreamed of?
6. What was your first BAD hairstyle choice? (Extra points for embarrassing photos)
7. What was your first realistic dream? (One where you had to think “Oh dang, was that a dream?”)
8. What was the first phobia you remember developing?
9. Which character on Sesame Street do you most identify with?
10. What was the hardest goal you ever accomplished?
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Thursday, April 22, 2010
- Laundry is caught up and mostly put away, still switching out sweaters for shorts and t-shirts but have high hopes for this weekend
- Started tomato plants growing!
- Have started gathering quotes for replacing our fence (which has been falling into disrepair for a couple of years now.
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Saturday, April 17, 2010
Friday, April 16, 2010
- Easter was wonderful, beautiful liturgies and time spent with friends. My husband and his friends performing "Roll Away the Stone" is to bring tears to your eyes and joy to your heart.
- Have been enjoying the warmer weather with some playground time, and its been amusing to see the difference a couple months makes in E. dexterity and courage; slides she nervously attempt in the fall she now rushes to.
- Enjoyed a wonderful visit with my aunt and uncle visiting from Belgium, including a trip to Washington which while it pushed my french vocabulary to its limit was a great day of lovely weather and sharing of experiences.
- Last weekend Elisabeth also participated in her first big egg hunt, and did very well ~ largely because she happily picked up eggs and showed them off, ignoring her bigger cousins rushing past her.
- Am still trying to wrap my brain around the idea that I'm nearly to the half-way point of this pregnancy ~ but I am, and will this weekend be pulling out the bin containing the soft panel pants, for while my regular tops are still fine I'm done trying to make my 'fat' jeans last all day as I bend and play on the floor with an active toddler.
- Mid-term ultrasound coming up next week, will we? won't we? should we? shouldn't we? Stay tune!!
- Plans for the weekend: cleaning up and kicking back
Thursday, April 15, 2010
- Pushed my limited french knowledge to its limits and provided a tour of the monuments of Washington to my visiting aunt and uncle.
- Met and cuddled my new niece!!
- Renewed two of my out-of-state licenses.
Monday, April 12, 2010
4. If you were hosting guests or providing tips, what three things would you show visitors to your hometown? (be it where you live now or where you grew up)
5. If you had a long weekend ahead of you, where you head – beach, city or country/mountains?
6. Do you have a passport? If so, did you get it for a particular trip or just to have, in case?
7. Are there any travel souvenirs you collect? If not, is there something else you collect?
8. If you could name a paint colour, what colour would it be and what would you call it?
9. If you were heading away for a weekend citybreak solo, where would you go? (forget about practicality here and flight times, assume you can get to any city in the world for the weekend)
10. Is there a song or a smell or something that you strongly associate with a particular holiday/place/time, such that it always takes you back?
Thursday, April 8, 2010
- Arranged childcare so was able to attend and acolyte (not sure if it serves as a verb) Easter Vigil.
- Hosted twenty or so choir/church friends for Easter dinner.
- Announced the anticipated coming of our second little one.
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Monday, April 5, 2010
2. What was your best Halloween costume? (fun to make? most creative?)
3. Do you like your name? If you weren’t called by your name, what would you want to be called?
4. In the past year, what is the BEST recipe you made. Please share it!
5. Look around – what is the nearest object or picture hanging on the wall?
6. What was the last movie you saw in a theater? Would you recommend it?
7. Did you go to summer camp? Will you/do you send your kids to camp?
8. What kind of ringtone do you have?
9. Where is the farthest away from home you have ever been?
10. Has anyone ever written a song or a poem for or about you?
Thursday, April 1, 2010
(Ragan Courtney and Buryl Red)
In remembrance of Me eat this bread
In remembrance of Me drink this wine
In remembrance of Me pray for the time
When God's own will is done
In remembrance of me heal the sick
In remembrance of me feed the poor
In remembrance of me open the door
And let your brother in, let him in
Take eat and be comforted
Drink and remember too
That this is my body and precious blood
Shed for you, shed for you
In remembrance of me always love
In remembrance of me don't look above
But in your heart, in your heart
Look in your heart for God
Do this in remembrance of Me
Do this in remembrance of Me
In remembrance of Me