- My mother-in-law is a very dynamic, hard-working, rarely sits down for long person; so I often find her visits fun and a little exhausting. That is not to say that I don't really appreciate looking around my house afterwards and seeing all the little (and not so little) jobs accomplished either by her or thanks to her cheering and motivating.
- My brother is currently through-hiking the Appalachian Trail (northbound-Georgia to Maine) and I received an email from him saying that his first week went well and that he is loving it. I'm going to enjoy I think pausing from time to time in the course of going about my daily life of work and family ~ thinking of him on the trail, wondering where he is now and wishing him well.
- Pregnancy continues to go well with more movement felt by me, though not yet 'feelable' from the outside. One interesting difference from my pregnancy with Elisabeth; much less heartburn. Elisabeth was born with and has always had a full head of hair, following the old wives tale about heartburn~hair, will be interesting to see how much hair this baby comes into the world with??
- 'No' has been a part of E.'s vocabulary for awhile now, but this week for the first time when I asked her to eat something perhaps one time too many it was accompanied by finger wagging. I guess she told me.
- My birthday is in May, and so if any were blooming my mom would put a sprig of Lily of the Valley, on my plate at breakfast. So far I've not had any luck getting some to grow in my yard, so unfortunately there won't be any on my plate again this year. Remembering this little tradition of my mom and mine has me wondering what little traditions could I build into our home that Elisabeth and her siblings will carry with them long after they grown-up.
- Current favorite foods in toddler-land, cheese pizza, oranges, and ice cream
- This weekend we will be attending the baptism of a friend's son, and also (though to far away to attend) a friend's daughter will receive her first Holy Communion. It feels so fun and festive to attend these sacraments of initiation during the Easter Season.
My thanks again to Jen, of Conversion Diary for hosting this round-up