Thursday, May 27, 2010
Monday, May 24, 2010
2. If it was raining so hard on a Saturday that you couldn’t leave your house, what would you spend the day doing?
3. What was your favorite candy as a child?
4. Did you get an allowance? What was it based on? What did you do with it?
5. Do you have a favorite Etsy store?
6. Do you prefer time with family or time with friends?
7. Looney Tunes, Tiny Toons, or Animaniacs?
8. Best daytime talk show: Oprah, Ellen, The Doctors, Tyra (ha!), Dr. Oz, or Dr. Phil?
9. Would you rather have the power of invisibility or the ability to fly?
10. Name 1 thing you love about being an adult.
Saturday, May 22, 2010
Friday, May 21, 2010
- Graduation is tonight and I am so excited to celebrate with the students. It is also very gratifying and reassuring, as I'm considering the idea that my vocation may be full-time at home for a while, to know that there are forty fine new nurses joining the ranks.
- Playground find: In addition to our continued enjoyment of swings and slides; we have of late discovered a new pleasure at the playground: Monkey bars!!
- The new assignment list of our archdiocese came out this week and both our pastor and chaplain will be moving on to new posting. Praying that they find happiness and fulfillment in their new assignments and that those coming to our church home will guide and teach us well.
- Returned to scrap-booking this week with the hope of catching up as well as I can; before there is a new little person to scrapbook about!
- Another new game gaining in popularity in our home is: Follow the leader, with my favorite toddler as the leader!
- Dressing my favorite toddler in the morning has become a little more difficult as she now has opinions! Mostly about color, but I know it is only the beginning.
- Plans for the weekend: Sneaking in as much yard-work as possible before the rain, and then a belated birthday dinner.
Thursday, May 20, 2010
- Had the family room and downstairs hall carpet cleaned (as in made the appt. and paid)!
- Got a year older!
- My feet are now sandal ready (thanks to the very nice pedicurist)!
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
- trying and trying to do a front roll till she mastered the skill
- asserting her independence and peeling the hard boil egg herself
- with great energy and perfect diction wishing her daddy 'Happy Birthday!'
Friday, May 14, 2010
- This week ended my semester at school (graduation is the 21st) which normally would mean the summer off, with the option of picking up Per Diem shifts if I wanted. But this year the school is closing and with the new baby due in September I'm not sure when to start a new job search.
- Please pray~as I pray for discernment of when and if God is calling me to work outside the home.
- This marked a second week of very long hours for C., and I continue to be impressed with how well Elisabeth is handling the separation. 'Daddy' tries hard to call at bedtime and they have a sweet conversation and then she goes to sleep without much of a fuss. She asks for him every morning; but if I say he's left for work, she snuggles in for another hug and then goes on with her day.
- Part of the fun of May every year is celebrating Charlie's and my birthday which are a day apart. Over the years we have largely perfected making the individual birthday special but still having great fun celebrating together.
- Current favorite toddler phrases: "Let's dance!!", and "Come on Mommy, keep up!"
- Midwife appointment earlier this week for Cashew, and all is well. Yay!!
- Plans for the weekend, catch up time with 'Daddy' (after we let him sleep in) and birthday fun!
Monday, May 10, 2010
3. What was the best part about your wedding (if you’re not married yet, what are you looking forward to)?
4. It’s your last meal– what Appetizer, Soup, Salad, Entree and Dessert would you choose?
6. What is your favorite professional sports team, and why do you like them?
7. What is your favorite reality show and why do you like it?
8. How would you classify your home decorating style (modern, classic, french country)?
9. Pizza- deep dish or thin crust? White sauce or red sauce? What toppings?
10. Favorite weekend getaway within a two hour driving radius?
Friday, May 7, 2010
- Happy Nurse's Day (only a day late)!! As the school year draws to a close and the students start talking about jobs they have applied for, nervousness about taking the boards, and general relief and happiness at finishing their nursing studies; I give thanks for all the wonderful people who are joining the profession and the small role I got to play in their preparation.
- This has been a week of long hours for C. and while E. has definitely missed him at bedtime, it has been very sweet and a little amazing listening to their phone conversations. I usually have to provide some translation but increasingly she does a good job describing her day.
- Have received another email from my brother who was on the North Carolina/Tennessee line and about to enter the Smokey Mountains. Wonder where I will hear from him next?
- Made myself a tomato & mozzarella salad yesterday and watched most of it disappear into my toddler's mouth and resisted mightily the urge to shout "my salad"!
- Will hopefully finish the devotional I chose for Lent this week. Ideal goal: finish during lent. Realistic goal: finish before Pentacost.
- Cashew's kicks have in the last week gotten strong enough to be felt from the outside, so much fun to be able to share another part of the baby's progress with C.
- Happy Mother's Day to all of you who do the wonderful work of nurturing and loving the children in your life; be they your children, grandchildren, god-children or young friends.
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Monday, May 3, 2010
2. As a child, how did your parents celebrate your birthday? (Parties, cake, you pick the dinner, etc.)
3. How do you feel about leggings?
4. How do you prefer to follow directions? With a map? Words?
5. What do you eat for snack?
6. Have you ever ordered anything from an infomercial or bought any As Seen on TV products?
7. What’s your favorite thing about summer?
8. Do you have a tattoo? What and where is it?
9. Are you good at journaling?
10. What’s your favorite way to eat a hamburger?
Saturday, May 1, 2010
Today, to celebrate the first Saturday of the month, Elizabeth Esther'shosting her blog carnival, inviting us all to link up with our favorite post from the previous month. This month I am choosing Promotion, because I had great fun announcing the coming of our second child and it was (I feel) the most significant post of the past month.
So please take time this Saturday to check out all the best blog posts today at Elizabeth Esther's place! And Happy May!!