Friday, July 16, 2010

Quick Takes Vol. #56

  1. Enjoyed a special treat recently as two of my three siblings stopped for a visit on their way to elsewhere. First my youngest sister and her family. Which means I got a good cuddle with my baby niece who has developed a beautiful smile she shares eagerly with those who talk to her.
  2. My nephews were able to find plenty to play with even if they were 'little girl' toys, though the fact that she has a very cool rocket with lunar buggy worked in her favor.
  3. Next was my brother full of tales of his adventures having at that point completed half of the Appalachian Trail. Happy for hot showers and a/c, he stayed an extra day to rest a chin-split and eat ice cream.
  4. While closer to my sisters having actually grown up with them (he is actually my half-brother and much older), I do share a strong personality connection with D. Both our sisters are 'life of the party' extroverts while D. and I are introverts.
  5. Both visits left me very grateful for the friendships I have built with all of my siblings as we have grown to have homes and families of our own.
  6. Another midwife appointment today which will hopefully hold no surprises. Am happy to still be feeling well even as it is increasingly obvious I'm sharing body space with a growing baby.
  7. Plans for the weekend: WEEDING (the alternating extreme heat and thunderstorms has given my backyard the jungle look) and some prime family time before C. begins a couple weeks of long work days.

Wishing you a good weekend and reminding you to please visit The Conversion Diary for the rest of this weeks round-up.

3 comments:

  1. Getting to see family is awesome! And good luck with weeding, the mosquitoes are awful over here, so weeding means getting eaten alive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you had good visits with your siblings. Spending time with siblings is one of my favorite things in the world. And no, I'm not exaggerating, just being excessive. :-)

    ReplyDelete