- Happy October!! The occasion marked by a new blog background, thoughts?
- Weird to think that the September that so many hopes and plans went into is over, though will be long remembered in my family for the new babies welcomed and great goals accomplished~ my brother completed hiking the Appalachian Trail.
- September also saw the beatification of Cardinal John Henry Newman. While attending school at the University of Pennsylvania I was able to get involved at the oldest Newman Center in the country founded in 1893.
- Excerpt from Pope Benedict's Homily ~And indeed, what better goal could teachers of religion set themselves than Blessed John Henry’s famous appeal for an intelligent, well-instructed laity: “I want a laity, not arrogant, not rash in speech, not disputatious, but men who know their religion, who enter into it, who know just where they stand, who know what they hold and what they do not, who know their creed so well that they can give an account of it, who know so much of history that they can defend it” (The Present Position of Catholics in England, ix, 390). On this day when the author of those words is raised to the altars, I pray that, through his intercession and example, all who are engaged in the task of teaching and catechesis will be inspired to greater effort by the vision he so clearly sets before us.
- Today (October 1st) is the feast day for St. Therese de Lisieux, a young carmelite also know as 'The Little Flower'. Her 'little way' is a great reminder to me to bloom where I'm planted and love and serve the best I can each day.
- The cupboard is becoming quite bare, will attempt grocery shopping with my two littles today. Prayers welcomed!!
- Lots of wind and rain from the tropical storm which worked its way up the coast yesterday, but no damage or power loss ~ wishing the same for anyone in the storms path.
Please visit Conversion Diary for more Quick Takes hosted by Jen