Friday, October 15, 2010

Quick Takes Vol. #64


  1. Thanks to a new favorite show, my two year old has taken to introducing herself as Lisbeth-braciosauris and occasionally informing me that I am a micro-rafter. Rather humbling that my toddler is better at identifying different species of dinosaurs.
  2. Kaitlin of More like Mary recently a wonderful post on Posting on sensitive topics without fear. Being very much a peace-maker myself, has me pondering if there is something I would post about if not for the concern that I would be offending someone.
  3. Newborn laundry: Small volumes, great quantity! Reacquainting myself with the multiple outfits a day due to blowout concept.
  4. Speaking of our local one month, he is still quite the bobble-head so I was happy to get a good shot in before he collapsed on himself.

  5. For his first couple weeks his big sister called him Baby Sheep ~ without any of us understanding why, until my mom suggested that perhaps she thought we were saying 'lamb' when we saying 'Liam', hence his growth marker in his monthly pictures is a lamb.
  6. ?Do the Facebook memes about bra colors and purse placement actually promote breast cancer awareness or is an annoying distraction?
  7. My thanks again to Jen of Conversion Diary for hosting this weekly round-up!
Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. 1 and 5 are so cute! And so is that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regarding #6- I think they are super annoying. Women who suffer from the disease or who are battling it now deserve more dignity and respect than that. But I suppose it does raise awareness....

    ReplyDelete
  3. #6 I don't think it raises awareness, people should post an actual status about breast cancer if they want to do that.

    #5 Liam is adorable! And its so cute that she thought it was lamb. :) My then 2 1/2 year old called her baby sister "eeener" until my sister heard it and convinced her to call her "weiner"!

    ReplyDelete