Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Giving thanks for the little things


Last night thanks to members of my husband's family we went out for a nice anniversary dinner. Today has been filled with much more mundane things like the care and feeding of our two littles and post-holiday wrap-up. Which is just fine because eight years later I know that it is the daily tag-teaming through the chores and knowledge that my friend and partner has got my back that truly makes me feel loved and cherished within my marriage.

So here's to the everyday adventure of living, laugh and loving each other well as we seek to the best of our ability live out our vocation to build a marriage that serves as a loving and strong foundation for our children and a warm and restorative home base from which to serve the world around us. I'm so glad to be on this journey with you.


1 comment:

  1. Happy anniversary!

    "eight years later I know that it is the daily tag-teaming through the chores and knowledge that my friend and partner has got my back that truly makes me feel loved and cherished within my marriage." That is one of the best things that I have read in a long time. :-)

    ReplyDelete