- Like much of the country it was hot here this week ~ like triple digit even in the shade hot, like so glad I found this link full of suggestions:
Thursday, July 21, 2011
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
NAMED ARCHBISHOP OF PHILADELPHIA
Cardinal Justin Rigali will hold a news conference this morning to announce that Pope Benedict XVI has named Archbishop Charles J. Chaput O.F.M., Cap. as the 13th Bishop and 9th Archbishop of Philadelphia. Archbishop Chaput will be Installed on Thursday, September 8, 2011, the feast of the birth of the Blessed Virgin Mary, in the Cathedral Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul at 2:00 p.m. The Holy Father has also appointed Cardinal Rigali as Apostolic Administrator with all of the responsibilities of Archbishop until the Installation of Archbishop Chaput.
Archbishop Chaput, who is 66, is a member of the Order of Friars Minor, Capuchin. He was ordained a priest in 1970 and became a bishop at the age of 43. At that time he became the Bishop of Rapid City, South Dakota. Since 1997 he has served as Archbishop of Denver. A member of the Prairie Band Potowatami Tribe, Archbishop Chaput is the second Native American to be ordained a Bishop in the United States and the first Native American Archbishop.
May God grant him the wisdom, and humility to heal the wounds and guide us forward.
Friday, July 15, 2011
- Wonderful visit with my brother last week as he paused on his thru-hike of the Appalachian trail. Having already done it once, this time he quote him ~ he is less worried about logistics and keeping to a schedule, and having fun taking his time.
- As usual matters of faith came up, were gently debated and a plot was hatched for a mini book club after his hike with us both reading C.S Lewis Screwtape Letters and Mark Twain's Letters from the Earth and then exchanging thoughts and ideas.
- I will not be headed out to see the final Potter movie (have not been in a theatre in about three years) but hopes everyone who is has a blast! I did very much enjoy the book and look forward to catching it on DVD someday.
- Not many responses to my Wondering Wednesday ~ is everyone as confused as me or am I just behind and changing the order of sacraments makes sense to everyone but me?
- What is it about July that gets people feeling all independent: Canada ~ July 1st, USA ~ July 4th, France ~ July 14th, Belgium ~ July 21st??
Wednesday, July 13, 2011
Reconciliation -sure: Right/wrong, asking forgiveness and making amends.
Disclaimer: I loved my Confirmation prep ~ I had wonderful teachers (a married couple) who took us phrase by phrase through the Apostles Creed and spoke with love and devotion of full membership in the Catholic Church so that at my Confirmation as I received the last of the Sacraments of Initiation and professed the creed I was so happy and proud to claim this Church as my home.
Can an eight year old take hold of that? I wonder?
Monday, July 4, 2011
Friday, July 1, 2011
*Don't know why the format is so choppy ~ sorry*