Wednesday, May 30, 2012
Thursday, May 24, 2012
- Local pick-your-own farms
- The chance to enjoy a cozy, elegant dinner with my husband.
- The chance to attend a friend's Mass of Thanksgiving (first Mass).
- A gentle reminder to focus on gratitude during a tough week. Thanks Rebecca!
Please visit The Road Home and share what you are thankful for.
Thursday, May 17, 2012
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Thursday, May 10, 2012
Friday, May 4, 2012
Inspired by the carnival hosted by the Modern Mrs Darcy of life changing books ~ here is off a list of favorite/take to desert island books.
- The Bible, truly not a 'what I think I should say' answer ~ storytelling, poetry, inspiration and instruction all in one.
- I truly love the entire series but if I had to choose one (or two) of the eight books in the series Anne of the Island and Anne's House of Dreams alternate as my favorite.
- Amazing Grace: a vocabulary of grace ~ reading Kathleen Norris's reflections on words of faith has been on of the best springboards for me to think and pray about the vocabulary of my faith and prayer life.
- Pride and Prejudice, the quint-essential comedy of manners/romance!
- A Civil Campaign: I'm not much of a fantasy fan but a friend of mine knew with my love of the romance and 'comedy of manners' genre I would love it ~ and she was right. Even over several re-reading I continue to find it so funny and so endearing.
- The Grand Sophy ~ Heyer wrote many, many wonderful regency romances, this is one of her best (according to me).
- Perhaps this spot should go to a book I have always meant to read but never had ~ Anna Karenina, The Right Stuff or The Lord of the Rings. If it does not work out I have six favorites to fall back to.
Please head over to Conversion Diary to enjoy the rest of this weeks Quick Takes.
Thursday, May 3, 2012
- Kids doing so well during the long drives this past weekend
- Beautiful sunny if very windy days
- A chance to see the sea!
- Quiet moments to read!
- Dunkin Chai
- Good conversation time with my love.
What are you giving thanks for, please visit The Road Home and share.
Wednesday, May 2, 2012
During Lent I was looking for a direction for my almsgiving ~ and thanks to Leila of the Little Catholic Bubble and The Orphan Report was introduced to the wonderful organization/site of Reece's Rainbow and their mission to make children with Down's Syndrome and/or other special needs who are awaiting for adoption known to families throughout the world and help defray the cost.
Since Lent has ended I have still made the additional donation but had also been thinking what else I could do and exploring the site I discovered what else: I could become a Prayer Warrior!
So let me please introduce you to the two little ones I have commited to praying for, and featuring their profiles on my blog and Facebook page.