Inspired by the carnival hosted by the Modern Mrs Darcy of life changing books ~ here is off a list of favorite/take to desert island books.
- The Bible, truly not a 'what I think I should say' answer ~ storytelling, poetry, inspiration and instruction all in one.
- I truly love the entire series but if I had to choose one (or two) of the eight books in the series Anne of the Island and Anne's House of Dreams alternate as my favorite.
- Amazing Grace: a vocabulary of grace ~ reading Kathleen Norris's reflections on words of faith has been on of the best springboards for me to think and pray about the vocabulary of my faith and prayer life.
- Pride and Prejudice, the quint-essential comedy of manners/romance!
- A Civil Campaign: I'm not much of a fantasy fan but a friend of mine knew with my love of the romance and 'comedy of manners' genre I would love it ~ and she was right. Even over several re-reading I continue to find it so funny and so endearing.
- The Grand Sophy ~ Heyer wrote many, many wonderful regency romances, this is one of her best (according to me).
- Perhaps this spot should go to a book I have always meant to read but never had ~ Anna Karenina, The Right Stuff or The Lord of the Rings. If it does not work out I have six favorites to fall back to.
Please head over to Conversion Diary to enjoy the rest of this weeks Quick Takes.