Sunday, October 7, 2012

Day 7 ~ Words have the power of life in them

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning.

I'm going to indulge in a bit of cheat today and send you over to read Lisa Jo post/prompt because I think she speaks perfectly of the power of life that our words carry. 

Though I will add that this is one of the unexpected responsibilities of motherhood, having a little, sponge of person listening and taking in everything I say ~ even when I don't think they are listening.
~ How do I talk to the homeless person on the corner?
~ How do I talk to/about their dad?
~ How do I convey disappointment in a choice they made while still communicating unconditional love and support?

Our words indeed can carry great power in them.






No comments:

Post a Comment