Friday, July 12, 2013

7 Quick Takes #138



Blogger not letting me put picture at the bottom, enjoy.
  1. Somewhere in the past week I passed 600 posts, Hoot!!
  2. In researching links for Diners, Drive-in and Dives for a recent post I came upon this link which shows a map of local places featured.  Have so far been to one but now that I've found the map; we'll be changing that.
  3. I'm having one of those 'they must be growing in their sleep' weeks.  Elisabeth is doing wonderful in her swim lessons and this week started swimming without any floatation aids.  She is also going through the math summer stuff I found so fast I'm starting to look for more.  Reading continues to be a challenge but even that is coming quicker and smoother.
  4. The King of the Belgians is abdicating in favor of his son later this month.  This coming after the abdication of Pope Benedict and Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands has me wondering of longer life spans and jobs thought to have lifetime commitments. In the meantime enjoy this fun Belgian Video.
  5. Liam speech evaluation went really well, the therapists are happy with the progress he is making but argued to continued therapy for the moment to not lose momentum.   He ages out of the program in September anyway.
  6. We have also started potty training; so he can tell us what is suppose to go in the potty, now hoping for some practical evidence of understanding.
  7. Have a wonderful weekend; mine will hopefully include a haircut (resisting urge to hack at it myself)!!
Please head over to Conversion Diary for the rest of this week's Quick Takes.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the potty training! I hate that part of parenting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go on 600 posts! Did Elisabeth get a haircut? She looks so much older!

    ReplyDelete