Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Liebster Award 2014

Laura of String of Pearls has graciously nominated me for a Liebster Award!!




The Liebster Award is for bloggers with less than 200 followers.  Liebster is a German word meaning dearest. The award is given to up-and-coming bloggers who deserve recognition and support to keep on blogging.

Here are the "rules":
1. Answer the 11 questions given to you
2. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
3. Choose 5* bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate.
(I'm abbreviating a bit to try and avoid tag-backs)
4. Go to each blogger's page and let them know about the award.
5. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog!

Laura's Questions:
1. Do you have a favorite saint with whom you feel a special kinship? (Who is it, and why?)
   Saint Therese du Liseaux for a long time, Saint Elisabeth of Hungary and Saint Elizabeth Anne    Seton since becoming a mom.

2. Do you have a "bucket list"?  (And if so, what's the first item on the list?)
    I don't as of yet have an official written down bucket list but a short one in my head which include things like 1) parasailing 2) visiting Mont St Michel 3) climbing Mt Chocorua

3. Where is your favorite place to swim: a heated pool, a freshwater lake, or the ocean?
      Pool, though the ocean is a close second

4. What are three words that describe you?  (Sorry--I hate it when people ask me questions like that.)
        Warm, Caring, Kind

5. Are you fluent in a second language?
       I wish ~ my understanding of French both written and spoken is decent but my ability to speak is not fluent and my writing is awful.

6. Do you like to travel, or are you more of a homebody?  
   Love to travel and see new places ~ and then go home.

7. What's your all-time favorite book (if you can name just one; if not, how about your three favorites)?
     Even three is tough, but today's favorites: 1) Persuasion 2) Cloister Walk  3)  Anne of Green Gables (the whole series if that is not too much of a cheat).

8. Do you love to cook (or would you rather eat out and have someone else do it)?
    I love to eat my husbands cooking and as I work through my insecurities about my ability ~ am learning to enjoy it myself.  

9. If you could only have one dessert for the rest of your life (a horrible prospect, I know!), what would you choose?
   Ice Cream ~ definitely, Coffee ~ probably

10. Is there a particular work of Catholic art that is your favorite?  (Share the image with us, if you can.)
     No one piece of art comes to mind but I think stained glass is an amazing genre celebrated in the Catholic tradition.

11. What inspired you to begin your blog?
Setting something down of my experience as part scrapbook/journal ~ and join the blogging community because as I settled into my role as a mostly SAHM I was feeling a bit cut-off from the world.



My questions:
  1. Favorite breakfast?
  2. First presidential election you remember?
  3. Home decorating style? favoring which time period?
  4. Favorite ice cream flavor?
  5. And what is going on top? (Fave toppings?)
  6. What country/culture fascinates you most?
  7. Planner or spur of the moment personality?
  8. Favorite board game?
  9. White, milk or dark chocolate?
  10. Favorite Easter basket candy?
  11. You are hosting a 3 movie marathon: what is the theme or featured artist? 

My nominees: 

The Fisk Files by Britt

Cedar & Tiny Flowers by Katrina

Having Left the Altar by Katherine

This Felicitous Life by Laura

Joie de Vivre by Lisa

My thanks again to Laura for this wonderful honor!

2 comments:

  1. I love your saint choices! I feel the same--always loved St. Therese, but as a wife and mother, it's good to learn about those who lived "in the world," too.

    We have other things in common as well! I, too, like to see new places, but am always so happy to get back home. I adore ice cream and coffee--I think it would be tough to have to give up either one. And even though I was a SAHM, now that my sons are all grown and I don't see their friends' parents as much as I used to when our lives revolved around their school and sports activities, I sometimes feel a bit cut-off, too.

    Thanks so much for your answers! It's nice getting to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to visit Mont St. Michel, too. :) Looking forward to answering your questions!

    ReplyDelete