Wednesday, May 13, 2015

five faves: May 13th



Dr Daddy's birthday is later this week and so I'm feature some of my favorite things he introduced me to:

  1. My Cousin Vinny ~ and I'll admit I didn't get it the first time he showed me the movie but I now think it is one of the funniest movies and fully understand why Marisa Tomei won an Oscar for her performance.
  2. Silly Sister: Maggie Prior and June Tabor ~ amazing harmonies on beautiful hymns and songs of olde.  Proven through many a late night drive to family to be the perfect companion ~ soft enough sleep thru but with very witty lyrics for the driver to listen to.
  3. Kielbasa; cold kielbasa that is, growing up I had always had (and liked) it grilled and served hot. Charlie introduced me the joy of eating it sliced and served cold. This was actually an even exchange as we also occasionally grill it up for dinner.
  4. Calvin & Hobbes: well I did already like the comic but since Charlie really likes it we have most of the books and can enjoy throughly whenever.
  5. Him ~ in truth the best thing Charlie brought into my life is him and his example of faith, service and the ability to take great joy in simply being alive.


Please now head over to Sometimes Martha Always Mary for more favorites.

2 comments:

  1. So sweet! I really need to introduce my boys to calvin and Hobbes! They'd love him, I know! Thanks for that little nudge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post, Joy! Mmm, kielbasa, and I haven't seen My Cousin Vinny but now I'm intrigued. :) Also, Calvin & Hobbes- great comic!

    ReplyDelete