Thursday, October 1, 2015

31 Days ~ An Exploration of Old Movies

   I have over the past few years joined in the adventure of 31 posts in October usually by following the writing prompts of others. Have enjoyed this I thought this year I would take it up a notch and try my own theme. I have for years enjoyed old movies purely as a fan ~ I never studied film or wanted to be in the movie industry.  So I'm going to share some of my favorites here over the next month starting with my favorite of favorites:

   The Philadelphia Story (1940) staring Katharine Hepburn, Cary Grant and Jimmy Stewart.  Hepburn plays Tracy Lord a blue blood from Main Line Philadelphia about to remarry, Grant her ex-husband and Stewart the reporter sent to cover the wedding in return for not writing a nasty story about her father.

   It is amazing watching these three greats at the top of their game! Plus a wonderful supporting cast and you have an amazing story; funny and poignant and heartfelt all at the same time!




Please follow along this month and share some of your favorites!

1 comment:

  1. This is the best idea!! I'm going back in your archives to read the ones I missed. I LOVE old movies. :)

    ReplyDelete