Here's to the wonderful life we get to share!
Monday, December 28, 2015
Friday, December 18, 2015
- Life these days is as crazy of the weather! While part of me is in denial about everything that has to get done in the next week, another part of me is enjoying watching the kids being excited the Advent activities we and their schools are doing.
- Liam's pageant was great fun with a couple of songs and the kids doing a great job with their lines and retelling the Nativity story.
- Lisbeth's concert was also wonderful. The music was beautiful as was the Nativity play. Adding to the fun playing the role of Baby Jesus was the one month old daughter of her teacher last year.
- Unfortunately what is getting bumped this year is any sort of O'Antiphons activity with the kids. I'd love to but I also know my limits.
- Shopping for the kids was a bit more tricky this year as Lisbeth's list include high price items such as x-box and power ranger weapons that were no-goes ~ and Caitie kept changing what she wanted. Liam kept adding to his list but by this point I regard that as S.O.P.
- Carols getting a lot of airtime in the car; Mary, did you know?, Emmanuel, and Jingle Bells.
- Have a good weekend and have fun lighting all four candles!!
Please head over to Kelly's for more 7QT's
Friday, December 4, 2015
- After a wonderful Thanksgiving spent with family where good food was shared and the kids had a great time with their cousins; we headed home and are jumping on the Advent train.
- Actually started letting the kids open windows on their calendar on Sunday when we lit the first candle on the Advent wreath. We always forget a night here and there ~ and now we are already ahead a night or two.
- We are again using the prayers from Welcome Baby Jesus by Sarah Reinhard when we light the Advent wreath candles. Except this year Lisbeth is reading the prayers!!!
- Check these excellent posts on Advent observances in these 'in the trench' days:
- Have started the two books in the last two categories I need to read to complete the Modern Mrs Darcy reading challenge. Am not sure that I will be able to finish both this month but am proud of myself with sticking with and meeting the challenge.
- Liam is a camel in his school's Christmas Play; I'm a bit disappointed it not a lobster. Name the movie :)
- Plans for the weekend includes a bit more decorating and getting together with friends and perhaps the first fire of the season.