Friday, January 22, 2016

Quick Takes #200!! In celebration of a blogaversary!




  1. Checking the archives my first Quick Takes post appeared on January of 2009 as my fourth post and seven years later we have reached 200! Needless to say I've grown so much in these seven years; mostly as a mom, wife and Catholic but also as a blogger.
  2. While I certainly don't post as often as I wish; having this space (and format) to come back to and share ideas and thoughts (even those that never get published) has been such a wonderful blessing in these 'in the trenches' years.  And often the posts that I worried were the most incomplete struck the biggest chords.
  3. And reading others has given me more than I can describe but regardless of how tiring a week it has been or how crazy a Friday it is I always make time to read at least a few of the 7QT's posted. And without fail there will be something that uplifts me or makes me laugh or think about life in a different way.
  4. Really want to giving thanks for Jen for creating this wonderful format and Kelly for keeping the fun going.
  5. Looking back on a mission statement I made 3 years ago, I find that it largely holds true and is a story I'm still interested in telling these many years later.
  6. Coming back to the realm of the everyday; it has not started snowing yet but we are ready and the kids are excited for Jonas. Hoping everyone in the path of the storm stays safe!!
  7. Thanks to all of you who have read and commented and made these past seven years more fun than I could have ever imagined!!
First picture I ever posted here: Lisbeth age 1

Please head over to Kelly's for more 7QTs

2 comments:

  1. Happy Blogaversary- wow, 200! Hope you get some good snow and stay warm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogaversary! Hope you guys are enjoying the snow! I am actually a bit jealous. :) We haven't had a really big snowstorm here in MN in a few years. We do have snow on the ground, but just a few inches, nothing like what you guys have! Cute picture of Lisbeth.

    ReplyDelete