Friday, November 4, 2016

Quick Takes #218: Reasons to give thanks


Focusing on giving thanks and seeing the good amidst the ugliness that seems to fill my airwaves.

  1. I'm thankful for Dr Daddy taking the lead on pumpkin carving!  One thing off my plate and they turned out amazing!!
  2. Kids had a good Halloween; really enjoyed their school parades and had fun trick-or-treating. As I wrote earlier their costumes were completely their choice and I'm so glad I went with it. In retrospect Liam and Lisbeth's different take on ninja teaches me much about their personalities; samurai versus stealth.
  3. Getting estimates and dealing with contractors are among my least favorite things to do but I pushed myself to some long standing jobs done and have been rewarded by finding landscapers and mechanics who were honest and helpful. 
  4. Elisabeth has recently been reaching her nightly book chapter to 3-4 and while getting her going in the morning is a struggle I am so happy that she has found a series of books she loves reading so much.
  5. Dr Daddy finding work he enjoys and deems important, and being recognized for his contributions.  His hours are crazy long and that doesn't look to be getting any better anytime soon but am so happy to see him getting the recognition he deserves!
  6. Caitlin's preschool offered lunch and soccer one day a week this past month which she really enjoyed and I got a chance to breath and reboot as there was time to linger over a cup of coffee and read a whole chapter and even did some scrapbooking.
  7. The weather has been treading sunny and warm which makes the less the lovely tasks of raking all the leaves more pleasant as does watching Caitie's joy as she leaps into the piles of leaves I've raked.

Please head over to Kelly's for more 7QT's

1 comment:

  1. Awesome jack-o-lanterns! And glad you found good contractors- definitely not my favorite think to look into either.

    ReplyDelete