- June was every bit as crazy as I had anticipated. That being said we celebrated school ending, summer starting, Father's Day and for the most part had a lot of fun this month.
- This month also marked the 20th Anniversary of the Harry Potter series. If memory serves I was slightly late to join the reading party but only slightly as I remember reading the first couple while living in Houston which puts it about 18 years ago. Haley of Carrots for Michaelmas has written many wonderful posts on the series; and here are two of my favorites.
- Speaking of anniversaries we are marking 3 years in the house; not very long but long enough that I feel as I'm learning it moods in different seasons. The addition of porch furniture has been wonderful as I love reading outside and the weather has been very cooperative.
- At the risk of jinxing it; I'm quietly impressed with how well the older kids are embracing their summer work. For both kids the first of four books are read and the book reports are done. I have a couple of workbooks for Caitie but thanks to her east facing room she has been getting up early most mornings and that combined with camp has her napping again.
- Was sad to learn of the death of Michael Bond this week; I remember reading Paddington Bear as a child and have in the past couple of years enjoyed introducing his books to my kids. What a wonderful legacy. May he rest in peace!
- Currently enjoying "Supergirl" on Netflix in the evenings. Any other recommendations for a fun summer series?
- Excited to attend a friend's son's baptism this weekend and then some local fun for Independence Day!
Please head over to Kelly's for more 7QT's.