Friday, September 22, 2017

Quick Takes #237: Life and Liam



  1. Liam enjoyed his busy, fun weekend; having a blast at his party at Charles Edward Cheese and then running well in his first cross country meet.  As I looked back at my 'just turned 6 post' for him I realized all of those things still largely hold true.  His favorite shows include Ben 10 and Voltron in addition to Teen Titan Go; and he has moved to first readers...but mostly he is still my running foodie who thinks Dad hung the moon and I'm pretty cool too.
  2. He also did well on his first spelling test; only missing one.  This was a tough back to reality school week with homework every night and several quizzes to study for.  More after school activities has me to trying to figure when/how to schedule homework time so that the kids get some down time but we are not rushing to finish up at bedtime.
  3. We have been back up in the 80's all week but posts like Rosie's have me thinking about go-to outfits when the weather cools down for good.
  4. All of the kids have picked what they want to be for Halloween which has me excited to get organized early ~ and really hoping no one changes their mind
  5. My dad would have been 90 today!! While it breaks my heart a bit to be reminded that my kids will never know him in this life; I'm enjoying their recent interest and questions as it lets me share some of my favorite memories and make real for them the grandfather they never met.
  6. Praying for the people of Puerto Rico, Mexico, and the Virgin Island ~ and really hoping that Mother Nature calm way down!
  7. Photo Dump:  


    Please head over to Kelly's for more 7QT's.

2 comments:

  1. I'm still in denial over that Liam is 6 - I think he'll always be that little boy I played with over dinner...unless I get to see him again in person some day :).

    Your history of sharing about your Dad has helped me so much in grieving and figuring out how I want to help G get to know her Pap. I will include you both in my evening Angelus intentions, today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your prayers! I too am in a bit of denial that Liam is seven ~ that all my little chicks are getting bigger.

      Delete