Wednesday, October 11, 2017

The 40 Book Bookcase


So I read this book which began with the idea of reading only from the books the author already owned for a year and ended with her making a list of perfect bookcase containing 40 books ~ and so I thought I'd make mine too; so in no particular order except #1 on her list gets top billing on mine too.


  1. The Bible
  2. Amazing Grace by K. Norris
  3. Cloister Walk by K. Norris
  4. Look to the Mountain by L. Cannon
  5. Pride and Prejudice by J. Austen
  6. Persuasion by J. Austen
  7. Memory by L.M. Bujold
  8. A Civil Campaign by L.M. Bujold
  9. Paladin of Souls by L.M. Bujold
  10. A Civil Contract by G. Heyer
  11. These Old Shades by G. Heyer
  12. The Grand Sophy by G. Heyer
  13. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
  14. Anne's House of Dreams by L.M. Montgomery
  15. The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery
  16. The Little Prince by A. Saint-Exupery
  17. To the Lighthouse by V. Woolf
  18. Mrs Dalloway by V. Woolf
  19. Interior Castle by Saint Theresa Avila
  20. Circle of Quiet by M. L'Engle
  21. Two Part Invention by M. L'Engle
  22. Wrinkle in Time by M. L'Engle
  23. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
  24. The Wind in the Willows by K. Grahame
  25. Younger than Springtime by A. Greeley
  26. A Christmas Wedding by A. Greeley
  27. Star Bright by A. Greeley
  28. September by R. Pilcher
  29. Winter Solstice by R. Pilcher 
  30. Leaves of Grass by W. Whitman
  31. Ragamuffin Gospel by B. Manning
  32. Innocents Abroad by M. Twain
  33. A Room with a View by E.M Forester
  34. Only Love by E Lowell
  35. Jade Island by E. Lowell
  36. We Two by Gillian Gill
  37. The Wives of Henry VIII by A. Fraser
  38. Woman Warrior by M. Kingston
  39. God is An Englishman by R.F. Delderfield
  40. In Search of Our Mother's Gardens by A. Walker
What would be on yours?
Linking up with Bobbi of Revolution of Love for Weekly Writing in October.

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! We have about 5 bookshelves full of books that I often think to myself "I really should read more of these". I'm not quite sure I'm ready to go to 'only' but perhaps I'll do an 'every other' for 2018.

    And wow - what would be on my list? I have no idea. I'll have to think about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have such a hard time getting my list down to 40! I do have a list I found online called the Best Catholics Books of All-Time. I've read many of them, but I still have a long way to go. Here's the list if you want to check it out. It was posted on Brandon Vogt's blog in 2011.

    https://brandonvogt.com/best-catholic-books-of-all-time/

    ReplyDelete