Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Open Book August 2017



Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson is a Newberry Award winner that I must have read at some point in my youth but felt brand new to me and is a delightful story with a very poignant end about how the right person believing in us is often all we need to unlock our true potential and show that same generosity of spirit to others.




Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen is the story of Catherine Moreland taken to Bath as a companion for a older childless couple from her village.  While in Bath she makes the acquaintance of several other young people including the Tilney's of Northanger Abbey. While published last; this is apparently is the first novel Austen writes which fits; Catherine is younger and more gullible then Austen's other heroines.  That being said I truly enjoyed this lighter but still wonderful visit to Austen's England.

Please head over to Carolyn's for more Open Book.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up! I saw the movie adaption of The Bridge to Terabithia years ago, but I'd love to read the books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read either and didn't know NA was written first! It's been on my to-read list for a while. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Won't replace P&P or Persuasion as my favorites but I'm glad I read it.

      Delete