- Happy Fall ~ after what has felt like a lot of rain the sun is finally shining which is definitely helping everyone's mood as fall activities ramp up and quizzes and tests start coming more frequently.
- Caitlin is enjoying Kindergarten; though points out that there is a lot more rules than in Pre-K. Her first Daisy meeting went well and as did her first couple of gymnastics classes.
- Liam is enjoying his soccer team; having even taken a couple turns as goalie. His new Cub Scout den/pack also seems a much better fit then last year and he is starting on his first Wolf merit badge. School is also going well with him meeting the challenge the increased work load of second grade well as well as having fun trading Pokemon cards with several classmates.
- Elisabeth having made the move to the top floor is learning to juggle multiple teachers and changing rooms for classes. Gymnastics got off to a bumpier start, but hopefully have her coach with a better understanding of her skill level (aka front handspring not front roll).
- During my mom's visit last week we returned to a wonderful museum we had last visited my freshman year of college. My dad was a huge Wyeth fan and so on Parent's Weekend he dutifully visited my college house and School of Nursing; and then suggested we head to the Brandywine River Museum. Now 20+ years later it was just a wonderful if not even more so. Known for its excellent Wyeth family collection, there is also paintings by his sisters and his brother-in-laws; as well as currently wonderful exhibit on portraits including sketches and portraits by Norman Rockwell and Mary Cassatt.
- Adding a bit of sadness to these past couple of weeks is the knowledge that the Penn Newman Center will soon be demolished. The news of the sale came out during the summer so it is not a shock but I know it will be a bit of gut punch when I see it actually gone. The building was built in the early 1970's and apparently not well; but given that the center is not only where I met and began dating Charlie but in the chapel where we made our marriage vows it is hard to see it go.
- Have a good weekend!!
Please head over to Kelly's for more 7QT's!