- Another Maine vacation is in the books! As is our usual; we left later than we had hoped and hit more traffic than we would have liked. On the positive we were able to pick up our niece along the way and made it Maine without stopping for the night.
- Weather was definitely more challenging this year with rain showers forecasted almost everyday. Watching the sky we headed to the pool as often as possible. Fun was had by all, Caitie using and not her water wings. One day everyone already wet we stayed and just decided to swim through the rainstorm, ironically having to pull everyone out as the weather cleared because of thunder.
- The beach was definitely the highlight both in its sunny and stormy moods. The waves often cooperated for perfect boogie boarding sessions for the older kids. Caitlin did try on several occasions but ultimately decided 'not yet'.
- Trying something new we went to a Food Truck park that has set-up in G-ma's town for the summer. A good variety of options we tried beans & rice, fancy fries, fried dough, soft tacos, and gelato. Likely if the trucks are back next summer we will visit again. We also took time to visit our favorite ice cream place several times. Unfortunately our favorite clam shack closed but we found a decent if more expensive alternative. Lisbeth and I hunted blackberries for pancakes and as usual Dr Daddy was the brunch master!
- Re-entry was made a bit bumpier by us waking our first morning back to discover that our power meter had overheated and the power company had cut us back to half power. This luckily kept the refrigerator working and most lights on but for warm food and wifi we needed to look elsewhere. Panera to the rescue!!
- As of yesterday we have a new meter and full power so today will consist of doing a lot of laundry and cutting the grass that grew high while we were gone ~ and the kids catching up on some screen time.
- With school year a week and half away starting to focus on finding all necessary pieces of uniforms and double checking supply list needs ~ while not letting the panic set in but rather soaking up the last lazy mornings of summer.
Please head over to Kelly's for more 7QT's