- Hot, but fun would be how I'd describe the summer thus far ~ with camp going well and everyone enjoying the pool. Caitlin is showing herself to be quite the fish. Teaching herself to swim underwater and having a decent dog-paddle I'm now looking for an instructor to help her learn strokes.
- Before too much time has passed I do want to finish recording my wonderful trip at the end of June. That Friday morning we did a bit of shopping before packing up and heading to the airport for a our flight to England, specifically Birmingham. All of the flight stuff went very smoothly; unfortunately an accident on the highway made getting from the airport to our hotel a long process. Knowing that Saturday was going to be a very full day we opted for dinner at the hotel restaurant and ice cream (very yummy btw) in our room.
- Saturday morning after we set-up my sister's table at the book event we headed out to a explore a bit and find breakfast. We found and paid our respects to the famous Bull at the Bullring and grabbed a quick breakfast at a nearby coffee shop. The rest of the day was spent at the Four Brits Book Fest where I had the great pleasure of serving as my sister's assistant. This is only the second book signing of her's I've been able to attend, and so I had so much fun meeting her readers and fans, and other independent authors.
- Afterwards we walked to the city's amazing canal area and enjoyed wonderful dinner at a french restaurant which overlooked a canal. Later walking back to the hotel we came upon an amazing street performance of an acrobatic troupe ahead of an anniversary gala for a local theater. The trip home went smoothly aside from a bumpy descent into Philadelphia and a VERY long wait for our luggage which was so frustrating when I knew I was so close to hugging my people again.
- Camp-wise the older kids decided on a bit of a swap. Lisbeth chose to do a week of soccer camp which she really enjoyed aside from getting slightly sunburned shoulders, and Liam is currently enjoying art camp which started this week and runs the next couple of weeks.
- And finally in the milestones of childhood category: In the last week Caitlin has lost three teeth including on her 'two front teeth'; which makes for a very cute smile at the moment ~ and a slightly poor tooth fairy.
- Picture time! Have a wonderful weekend!
Please head over to Kelly's for more 7QT's!