- After pulling a muscle in my back and then the cold that would not go away, I am please to say that while not 100% I and those I live with are currently more healthy than not. Going to enjoy that while it lasts!
- Enjoyed my sister's baby shower last weekend very much. I knew most of the people attending and enjoyed meeting other people; who while new to me are special people in my sisters life.
- While I definitely missed my little family here at home, I did enjoy being able to visit and catch-up with my mom and sisters without worrying about the needs of my favorite toddler.
- One of the new phrases which has cropped up in the last couple weeks is "I so sad" usually voiced when she is not getting her way but also now showing up when placed in time-out. I'm not sure it constitutes remorse, but it's a start.
- Where did January go in such a hurry??
- Very chilly day today, warm Mac & Cheese shared with a cute munchkin is proving to be a good way to stay cozy.
- Plans for the weekend: More cleaning with the promise of a nice visit with an out of state friend.
Friday, January 29, 2010
Thursday, January 28, 2010
- Laundry is caught up and very nearly all folded and put away
- Went to a family party this past weekend leaving E. home with her dad overnight and did not stress, obsess, or call home twenty times to check in.
- Made good progress in returning to meal planning this week.
Monday, January 25, 2010
2. How much did you weigh when you were born?
3. What is your favorite perfume?
4. How many siblings do you have?
5. How many children would you like to have? (Or how many do you have?)
6. What’s the best class you took in college?
7. What was your favorite game to play when you were a child?
8. What character on Friends are you most like?
9. Are you a phone person? (ie: Do you like talking on the phone?)
10. What was the best vacation you ever took?
Thursday, January 21, 2010
- All the christmas boxes with their decorations are safely packed away and stored in the shed again. My door looks a little plain but my family room is returning to a small sense of order.
- Everybody is sleeping on clean sheets with aired out blankets.
- Kitchen floor swept and mopped
- A toddler who slept all night
- The love and laughter of my husband
- A new job with new tasks and new skills to learn
- the chance to visit with my sisters this weekend
- Warm cinnamon raisin toast at teatime
- I am loved and forgiven
Monday, January 18, 2010
2. First “grown-up” book you remember reading (i.e. written for adolescents or with adult themes, such as The Outsiders or Catcher in the Rye).
3. Favorite movie that came from a book (even if you didn’t read the book and just love the movie).
4. Movie that you loved so much that you WISHED there was a book out so that you could find out more about the movie.
5. Worst book you’ve ever read?
6. Book that everyone raves about that you either a) haven’t read and feel slightly dumb for not having read it or b) have tried to read and hated and so feel slightly dumb that everyone is getting something you don’t.
7. If you were forced to choose only 3 books that you could read for the rest of your life, which ones would they be? (Or if you were stranded on a desert island, which 3 books would you want there with you?).
8. Name one book that if you could recommend that everyone you know read, what is it?
9. What is your “guilty pleasure” reading?
10. What book (excepting the Bible or other major document of your religion/faith) has changed your outlook on life the most?
Friday, January 15, 2010
- Whatever I did to my back last weekend seems to be getting better day by day for which I am so grateful. This experience has been a wonderful lesson in empathy for those who have to live with chronic pain.
- The backpain has also been a great lesson in creativity as I still have a little one who wants to be carried, danced and played with.
- Prayers for the people of Haiti, luckily the relief efforts seems to be coming together quickly. Please help wherever and however you can.
- New phrase of the week thanks to the rocket she received this Christmas; "We've got lift-off"
- After the craziness of all the holiday travel and business of the semester starting up; I was glad to get back to cooking this week (with more plans for the weekend)
- Plans for the weekend: Finish clearing the last of the Christmas decoration and getting the boxes back into the shed. Resting and relaxing as the new few weekends are already booked up.
- (Small cheat) My thanks as always to Jen of Conversion Diary for hosting this weekly meme and continuing to host a site which never fails to be thoughtful, prayerful and funny.
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Monday, January 11, 2010
2. What is your middle name?
3. What are the last 4 digits of your cell phone number?
4. How big is your bed?
5. What are you allergic to?
6. What is the first thing you do in the morning?
7. What was your favorite TV show growing up?
8. Will you, or did you, go to your 10 year high school reunion?
9. If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there to hear it, does it still make a sound?
10. What, in your opinion, is the greatest invention? (You know, since sliced bread…)
Thursday, January 7, 2010
- Took Elisabeth for her first haircut
- The student recommendations I needed to complete during the break are done and ready to be mailed out.
- Have started a new journal for the new year
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Monday, January 4, 2010
1. Are there any movies that inspire you to bake/cook?
- The Four Seasons
- Knotting Hil
2. What’s your favorite food blog and why?
Pioneer Woman, cause she is lovely, non-threatening and if she can create such interesting dishes with a ranch to help run and four kids to home-school and raise, maybe just maybe I could cook like that too.
3. Who’s your favorite celebrity chef?
Hubert Keller, he is so French and yet so California at the same time. Honorable Mention: Ted Allen
4. What’s your favorite kitchen tool?
Crockpot, though I just received for Christmas a large spatula for quesodillas
5. When it comes to cooking/baking, what’s your specialty?
Quiche, Shepard's Pie, and Bake Brie
6. When in the kitchen, do you wear an apron, if so, any cute ones you’d like to share?
I probable should but I don't (yet)
7. Is there anything that intimidates you when it comes to baking/cooking? (ex. Pie crust, yeast breads, sauces, etc…)
New recipes, and turning on our grill
8. What’s the weirdest gadget in your kitchen?
Remote meat thermometer, husband loves it ~ I can't get it to work
9. What’s your go-to music for cooking/baking?
10. After several failures, what do you do to motivate yourself to get back in the kitchen to try again?
Make an oldie but goodie, a favorite dish that I know how to make and I love eating.
Enjoy other answers to these questions including especially our lovely host Chelsea at Roots and Rings
Friday, January 1, 2010
- Say thank you to the presenter (which I do) and link her blog
- Reveal 7 honest things about myself
- Present this blog award to 7 others whose blogs are brillant in content and/or design and encourage me
- Born in Rhode Island, and very loyal despite not living there since I was four
- Child of an interfaith marriage, I am proudly Catholic and appreciative of the tolerance I learned in the Unitarian Church
- Favorite show is The Waltons
- Could happily drink a coffee milkshake everyday
- Believes the best chocolate comes from Belgium.
- Can still do a cartwheel
- Loves to sing along to the radio, and wishes she did not have such an awful voice.