Letting my mind wander as I rocked a tired teething boy I began thinking of favorite movies and then thought to focus on older ones; so in no particular order except #1 my all-time favorite.
1. The Philadelphia Story ~ Does it really get any better than Katharine Hepburn, Cary Grant and Jimmy Stewart all at their best as they fight and flirt ~ personally I don't think so.
2. Roman Holiday ~ Audrey Hepburn in her first film and Gregory Peck fall in love and share a
day in Rome.
3. Gentleman's Agreement ~ Gregory Peck is amazing as a journalist who pretends to be
Jewish to expose anti-semitism. The movie is tough, touching and funny. I especially like
Celeste Holm's performance.
4. The Catered Affair ~ Bette Davis and Ernest Borgnine are amazing as an older couple trying to give their daughter a nice wedding and discern the state of their marriage as the nest
5. Lilies of the Field ~ Sidney Poitler plays a wanderer who stops because his car is overheating
and ends up helping build a church. Beautifully shot and as funny as heartwarming.
6. It's A Wonderful Life ~ Jimmy Stewart as a hard-working dreamer who shows how very
important a life well lived can be. A must watch every Advent/Christmas!
7. Woman of the Year ~ Katharine Hepburn and Spencer Tracey's first movie together where
love at first sight gives way to figuring out the day to day details of building a life together.
*Don't know why the format is so choppy ~ sorry*