Friday, January 27, 2017

Quick Takes #223 Favorite Links & Sandwiches




  1. Life this week was better as it did not involve a stomach bug and even included a bit of sunshine and perhaps not as much sleep as I would hope but it is good to have something to strive for.
  2. Praying a family rosary is a goal of mine and am hoping armed with the tips from this wonderful post on Peanut Butter and Grace I'm that much closer to making it happen on a regular basis.
  3. Introduced my kids to Fluffernutters (peanut butter and marshmallow fluff sandwich) this week and was enough of a hit to be a lunch request.  Personally I prefer peanut butter & nutella but figured trying a Fluffernutter is a rite of childhood.
  4. March for Life is happening today which is a good thing and will hopefully get more media coverage which is a great thing.  My prayer is that the coming years will find more support for the unborn without that meaning less for refugees, the disabled and the poor.
  5. Which is a hope and prayer so much better articulated by Cammie of Beyond Pearls here.
  6. Was so sorry to hear of the death of Mary Tyler Moore (may she rest in peace); The Dick Van Dyke Show and the Mary Tyler Moore Show were wonderful shows and big part of my childhood; and her advocacy of Type 1 Diabetes research was amazing.
  7. Have a  wonderful weekend!
Please head over to Kelly's for more 7QT's!

1 comment:

  1. Joining you in prayer for all the things you mentioned, Joy.
    Would you believe my kids do not like Fluffernutters!?
    I am disappointed, because now I really don't have an excuse to make them!
    Have a cozy weekend. : )

    ReplyDelete