- March is keeping us guessing weather wise with snow today after much of the week in the 50's and 60's!!
- Elisabeth happily turned 9 and declared that she thinks that her last year in single digits will be a great one! We celebrate her birthday weekend with cupcakes, the making of a Pikachu cake and a couple dinners. She also celebrated with friends by going to Build a Bear and then having ice cream from Friendly's.
- She is very creative; Legos and modeling clay are favorites and she will spend hours creating and building new and different things.
- More adventurous with food and while she definitely has favorites now eats a wide variety of things. She still prefers vegetables raw but otherwise no longer require a lot of accommodating in meal planning. Some favorites include cheese, crackers, kielbasa, bacon and fish sticks.
- She is still working her way through all the Magic Treehouse books but is also starting to branch out and try different genres and different authors. Her favorite subject is Math, though Science is a really close second. Future career goals still include studying dinosaurs but perhaps working as an illustrator is coming up more and more.
- The other big excitement of the weekend was preparing for the building of the loft bed; hopefully this weekend. In addition to painting and sanding many boards we also got Elisabeth's new mattress ready.
- With Lisbeth getting a new bed we were finally able to pass her youth bed onto Caitlin who much to my surprise has only occasionally complained about still being in a crib and had never tried to get out on her own (her big sister began self-exit attempts at 18 months). Her first week in her 'big girl' bed has gone very well with only getting a couple of times and always for legit bathroom visits.
Have a wonderful weekend and please head over to Kelly's for more 7QT's