Friday, April 28, 2017

Quick Takes #230: Circle Game



  1. Any Joni Mitchell fans reading? Me too, especially Circle Game and the song speaks perfectly of the week or even month I'm having. All good things (mostly) but knowing that times goes in one direction I'm wishing I could "drag my feet to slow the circles down".
  2. Last weekend we did indeed put together Lisbeth's loft bed (give or take a ladder) ~ and she loves it and has great plans for how she is going to stencil and embellish it.  I thought my husband was crazy for wanting to build it himself and it was more work than either of us had anticipated but such is life and I do cherish those times when we tackle a project together and I imagine Lisbeth cherishes having a bed designed and built by her dad. (Holy run-on sentence!)
  3. This week she also got her new glasses and suddenly looks much more grown-up and trendy.  
  4. Earlier this week I dropped off the first tuition payment for Caitlin's Pre-K next year. Now this is a program we sought out and I am so excited that she got a spot; I am also wondering what it is going to be like to have her in school five days a week come September.  She is quite good at independent play but she is also a chatterbox and so will often find wherever I'm working and fill me in on whatever game she and usually her dolls are playing.
  5. Earlier this month a beloved aunt of mine passed away and with losing my godfather a few months ago has me of course thinking about the giant wheel turning and those touchstone people of  that generation in my life departing the stage.
  6. After several days of rain the sun is again shining and so I have great plans for planting and weeding this weekend as well as great hope that the Lily of the Valley in my yard will bloom for the first of May.
  7. Promised Pictures:




Please head over to Kelly's for more 7QT's

1 comment:

  1. Whoa that loft is cool!
    I am sorry to hear about your aunt. Isn't it amazing to think of the generations though, kind of incredible when you think of it!
    Enjoy the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete