Friday, August 3, 2018

7 Quick Takes #266: Road Trippin and Sightseeing



  1. Last Friday I headed south with the kids to visit family in Richmond.  We made a stop along the way to visit Mount Vernon the historic home of George Washington.  Having lived in the area for many years during my childhood, now having the chance to visit the Mansion and see my kids play on the banks of the Potomac meant a lot. 
  2. In addition to the Mansion we also walked through the lower garden and some of the outbuildings including the kitchen where we learned that President Washington's favorite summer dessert was strawberry ice cream!
  3. We then drove by my high school and parish before braving Friday rush hour as we completed our trip south.  
  4. After a wonderful dinner and a good night sleep we were ready for some more adventuring and with my mom, sister and kids we headed to the Metro Richmond Zoo.
  5. A great zoo where we had an amazing time seeing tons of animals. Highlights include feeding and petting giraffes, the bird house, and a sky ride that allowed us to travel above many habitats and get a 'birds-eye view' of many more animals.
  6. We ended the day with a delicious dinner at my sister's where I got to enjoy some quality sister time and my kids enjoyed more time with their cousins. Living far away I really cherish those times when we get a chance to just talk and catch-up particularly with my older niece and nephew as they begin to think about college and the future.
  7. And now many photos!! Please have a wonderful weekend!!







Please head over to Kelly's for more 7QT's.

2 comments:

  1. What a great trip! Mount Vernon is on my list - it's not too too far from us, I just need to get it on the calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a really good trip! And glad you got some time with family.
    We took picts in that same area when we visited Mt. Vernon a few years ago. :)

    ReplyDelete