Saturday, May 22, 2010

Taking a moment to look back, and forward: 200th post

It is a quiet Saturday morning and by some minor miracle I'm awake before my daughter and so have seized on these few moments to be still; to look back for a moment and then forward. In the seven months since this post E. has added dozens of words to her vocabulary and entered fully into toddlerhood complete with favorite words like 'Mine' and 'No'. She has also begun to learn to ride a tricycle, dress herself including not only taking off her shoes but also getting them back on (left and right shoe/foot pairing still in the works), and drink from a cup without a lid. Knows her colors, many shapes and about a dozen letters.
We have also learned that a new baby is coming, the school where I have been teaching for the past fours years closed, and a new niece joined our extended family.

These seven months also include the day to day living and growing that happens as I continued to learn to be a better wife, mother, friend, child of God and citizen of the world. I have read, enjoyed and learned so much from others wonderful blog posts; enjoyed pictures, thrilled as new babies came, and cried as challenges were faced and written about.

Given the pace I post, almost certainly the next 100 post will include summer vacation, the birth of Cashew, Advent & Christmas seasons, as well as the challenges and joys each day brings. Care to come along?

4 comments:

  1. I love reading and following your journey! So much to look forward too!! We just had our baby, and the journeys just get better and better!

    much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I just wanted to thank you for the suggestions you left on my blog (From the Heart) on what things to register for my baby. I really appreciate it!

    I've been looking around at your blog and really enjoy it! I look forward to reading more!

    I noticed that you have 112 days to go before your baby is born... I have 115 (I have the same babystrology thing on my blog.) We must be really close together! Sept. 15th for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on this accomplishment, Joy! Isn't blogging fun :)

    I'll be along for the ride, as I'm a sucker for friends having babies! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete