Thursday, August 1, 2013

Stop Raining in my Sandbox

Mommy blogger vent ~ feel free to skip

I know you can't please all of the people all of the time but it really bothers me when commenters chose to be hurtful rather than moving on or seeing the humor.

Dr Daddy is having a crazy travel week what with giving a talk in Portland, OR on Tuesday,  seeing patients in his clinic yesterday (Philadelphia) and giving another talk in New York this morning.  So yesterday I loaded our borrowed rental (another story for another day) and we met Charlie for dinner in the train station before he left.  And it was exhausting and a blast!

Both!! My saying it was exhausting does not mean it was not a blast or that I regret it. Yes it was great fun for the kids to see Dr Daddy and eat in a train station; to listen to the conductor call "All Aboard" and see the trains, but getting into the city, finding parking, and getting everyone home and into bed by myself was a bit exhausting too, so what!

As has been said by those wiser and funnier than me (Colleen, Grace, Dwija)

We are making memories and raising saints, and trying to capture this moment in time.

And you are more than welcome to come along if you want, otherwise stop raining in my sandbox!



2 comments:

  1. I am not sure ab the commenter part...but you need an award to go to 30th street station w/all your kids, park, eat---then get home and do bedtime routine on your own!! Good job mom!!!

    ReplyDelete