Friday, May 3, 2019

7 Quick Takes #277 ~ April Overview




  1. Happy May!! How was your April? Ours was good in a busy 'just keep swimming' way.  Sorry to go quiet. How about a summary to catch you all up?
  2. Easter morning was wonderful ~ the kids explored their Easter baskets, a breakfast of eggs and pastries, Mass and then some cooking and cleaning before taking Dr Daddy to the airport for his trip to London. We (the kids and I) still hosted Easter dinner for choir members and friends, including wonderful desserts from our favorite ballerina/baker.
  3. My week of solo parent went reasonably well and Dad was able to FaceTime most evenings ~ and had a good week in London, getting in some sight-seeing most days.  The kids each had their moments of really missing Dad but overall did well.
  4. The Weather has been keeping us guessing; more nice days than not but enough chilly mornings that coats are out and needed. It has been warm enough that trees have blossomed and my Lily of the Valley easily made their May 1st deadline.
  5.  I stuck to my commitment to give-up fiction for Lent; my review of my Lenten reads are here.
  6. The main excitement of the week has been preparing for Liam's 1st Holy Communion this weekend. He says the rehearsal went well, and he is excited.  Food has been ordered, family is coming, and now we just need it to not rain too much.
  7. Photo dump: 


Have a wonderful weekend and please head over to Kelly's for more 7QT's!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, the photo with the petals all over the yard- I love that about spring so much! Glad you had a nice Easter and that your solo parenting week went well. Hooray for lovely Lily of the Valley!

    ReplyDelete