Monday, June 29, 2020

Midyear Reading Challenge Update



 As June wraps-up and we hit the halfway point of the year I thought I would do a quick update for how various different challenges are going.  








 Modern Mrs Darcy Challenge
    I have completed 6/12
    I read The Jane Austen Society for the debut novel category
    I read Circle the Sun for the book recommended by a source I trust
    I read Bossypants for a book by a local author
    I read A Man Call Ove for the book in translation category
    I read Wings of Fire: The Lost Heir for the not my genre book
    And Anne of Avonlea was my reread



For the Unread Shelf Project 2020 hosted by Whitney of the Unread Shelf
   I have read 5 of my top ten list, read and 'returned'  4 of my Prime Reading borrows and have met the monthly reading challenge every month but March, which I skipped to focus on Lenten reading.

For The 20th Century in Books hosted by Ashley of The Big White Farmhouse this year I've read Anne of Avonlea (1909), Rilla of Ingleside (1921), 
Cotillion (1953), Across Five Aprils (1964), and Numbering the Stars (1989).  
At this point I have read a book from 46 of the 100 years.
         


Finally on Goodreads back in January I challenged myself to read 40 books this year.  'Sheltering at Home' and the fact that reading is one of my favorite stress relievers will likely combine to have me hitting that goal sometime next month (currently at 37) and am curious what my yearly total will be.

How is your reading year going?
   

No comments:

Post a Comment