- What a week, Pope's big announcement, State of the Union, Ash Wednesday, St Valentine's Day ~ and getting into the Lenten rhythm. Here's hoping for a quiet weekend!
- Still sorting out my Lent practices; I'm again giving up reading fiction and have selected a book to read as well as download Magnificat's Lenten App hoping to read some of the prayers of the day. Not sure yet what the focus and direction of our almsgiving will be yet.
- Found out this week that Lisbeth was accepted into Kindergarten, the catholic school we registered at has a maximum class size of 24 and gives first preference the children with older siblings in the school.
- Earlier this week Caitlin passed her repeat hearing test (she failed in one ear the one done in the hospital after birth) which was highly likely but still nice to have confirmed.
- The most interesting take on Pope Benedict's decision to abdicated, in my most humble opinion, was by Elizabeth Scalia of the Anchoress. I don't yet know if I agree but much food for thought, yes?
- Break for baby picture:
- 4 day weekend for the kids in observance of Presidents Day and the Season Finale of Downton Abbey (how is the season ending already?!!). Whatever your weekend holds ~ have a good one!
|Baby's First Ashes!|
Please visit Conversion Diary for the rest of this week's Quick Takes.