Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Wondering Wednesday: What do you call?

      Lisbeth was recently asking if we could again get "the cheese pizza on a tray with corn and a dessert in the middle", after a few more questions I figured out that she meant a TV dinner that we had gotten before.  Later when I was making out my shopping list and writing TV dinner I started wondering if they are still called that.

  So, help a mom out,  if your birthday year has perhaps an 8 in the third position as oppose to a 7 what do you call the frozen tray dinners with a dessert in the middle?

Thank you.


  1. I was born in '79, and I think we would refer to them as microwavable meals or microwavable dinners.

    To be honest, I'd be afraid to refer to them as TV dinners in front of my kids… then they might assume they'd get to watch TV while they ate them.

  2. ahhhh, this 1972 mom is now craving a fried chicken TV dinner- must be in the aluminum containers!

  3. Frozen meals, I guess. I don't really think about what I call them.

  4. born in it a microwave dinner :)