Firstly and most importantly my thanks to Laura of String of Pearls for nominating me. If you are not already a reader of String promise me that after this you will click over and have a read. Laura is kind, funny, and a wonderful writer who is about to have her second book published. She is also a mother of five grown sons and grandmother to four grands (so far) and such an encouragement to those of us in the day-to-day life of raising littles.
Now my answers to her questions:
1. Do you have a favorite saint, and what drew you to him/her?
So many really but currently Saint Therese du Liseux because of her teaching that even little things done well matter, Saint John XXIII for his example to reflect God's goodness to all we meet and Dorothy Day who (though only currently a Servant of God) inspires me with her personal commitment to caring for others and social justice.
2. I think every Liebster questionnaire includes a question like this; but I'm crazy about books, so I just have to know: do you have a best-loved book that you've read multiple times? (And will you probably read it again?) Or do you always just read a book once and pass it on to others?
I'm a HUGE rereader: Anne of Green Gables series, Crosswick Journals by Madeline l'Engle and A Civil Contract by Georgette Heyer topping the list.
3. What is your family's Christmas Eve tradition?
We are generally traveling ~ so if visiting my family then we are having Vegetable Lasagna and maybe opening one gift. My husbands family has the traditional Polish Wigilia and opens lots of gifts. With both families we likely attend the Family Mass with Children's Choir and read the Christmas Story from the Gospel of Saint Luke.
4. When you dress up in heels, do you wear panty hose/tights, or do you go bare-legged?
Depends on the season: I'm usually bare-legged during the summer especially in sandals, the rest of the year hose/tights.
5. How did you and your husband meet? (And if you're not married, what's the most important quality you're looking for in a spouse?)
Short Version: We met at the Penn Newman Center when we were both students. Longer version found here.
6. What's your go-to prayer in times of distress?
The Serenity Prayer
7. Where is the one place in the world you would visit if you could?
8. How many siblings do you have?
3 ~ 2 sisters and 1 brother
9. Are you a worrier? (I'm worried you'll think that's a weird question.)
10. What, if any, sport do you enjoy watching the most?
Football and Gymnastics
Now my questions
- Favorite breakfast when you have the time to indulge.
- Did you make or buy your wedding dress (if unmarried what would you like to do)?
- What exotic animal would you own if you could?
- Favorite book/movie on a rainy afternoon?
- First hymn you remember learning/singing?
- What was your favorite Halloween costume growing up?
- What language do you wish you spoke?