Friday, January 26, 2018

Quick Takes #253: Post-op Reflections and Lenten Plans



  1. Caitlin two weeks post surgery is doing well. Overall it went very smoothly; the staff was kind and worked with her very well. Her recovery was up and down but mostly the medicine regiment they recommended worked well and with encouragement she was willing to drink. All about the popsicles to start, now ice cream is the fave.  Another funny memory will be the day she was very reluctant to drink but ate 3 mozzarella sticks at a birthday dinner for a friend.
  2. She is actually home from school today complaining of a very stiff neck but I believe we are coming to the end of the acute recovery period. The key question being if she actually sleeps better and snores less after all of this.
  3. Was happy to see that Jess Ptomey is again hosting a Catholic Reading challenge this year. Am not sure that I'm up for another reading challenge but given the first category is the same as the MMD challenge 'read a classic' perhaps I can find enough overlap to make it doable.
  4. Last Sunday went very well for two of the teams we root for in the house.  The Super Bowl will hopefully prove to be a lot of fun with very little downside.
  5. I've found that a guided devotional really helps my prayer life in Lent and this year I ordered the Take Up and Read.  It arrived earlier this week and is thick, beautiful and I'm very optimistic about what it will bring to my observance of Lent this year.
  6. Somewhere in the past week this little blog of mine had a blogaversary and marked 9 years since it's starting. Thank you to all those who have read, commented and encouraged me to keep writing in my corner of the blogosphere!
  7. This weekend kicks off Catholic School Week here and the kids are excited for us to see the various projects in preparation for the Open House.
Have a  good weekend and please head over to Kelly's for more 7QT's!

2 comments:

  1. Yay, I'm doing Take Up & Read, too - I think it's going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow, we found ourselves at the Open House for Catholic Schools Week. Mostly very early investigating, but still! Though, I was disappointed to see that most of the chosen work to be displayed was all of a secular nature. We were so hopeful for a Catholic school with a strong Catholic identity :(.

    ReplyDelete