Wednesday, January 10, 2018

What I'm (probably) reading in 2018

In the end I just can't quit the MMD challenge! Since I have also challenged myself to read thirty books this year I figured there would still be a lot of 'off-roading' even with trying to fulfill these twelve categories.

Inspired by our host's post I thought I would share what I'm thinking of reading this year.
A classic you’ve been meaning to read: Am currently reading A Room with a View.
A book recommended by someone with great taste: The Awakening of Miss Prim got some many raves I knew I had to give it try (currently reading).
A book in translation: Haven't decided
A book nominated for an award in 2018: TBD
A book of poetry, a play, or an essay collection: • Envelope Poems, by Emily Dickinson or A Small Porch, by Wendell Berry
A book you can read in a day: The Penderwicks 
A book recommended by a librarian: Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day
A book that’s more than 500 pages: A Team of Rivals or The Summer Queen (or maybe both)
A book by a favorite author: This category was easy—just not sure which author yet.
A banned book: Not really sure but thinking Of Mice and Men.
A memoir, biography, or book of creative nonfiction: Traveling Mercies or All is Grace.

What is on your reading list this year?

3 comments:

  1. Might I suggest Kristin Lavransdatter for a book in translation? It was such a hard and long read for me but I'm so glad I did it. Once I get brave enough I want to read it again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two categories ~ one book; very interesting!!
      Great suggestion!

      Delete