- Happy March!! How'd that happen? February is often a tough month for me; however this year while we definitely had our share of grey weather I'm ending the month ready for spring but not as stressed as I've been in the past.
- The Olympics definitely helped. Having something fun to watch night after night as well as introducing the kids to new sports to watch such as ski jump and skeleton gave a big upside to the last couple of weeks.
- Lent is presenting challenges as it ought; but I'm really liking both the Take Up & Read devotional and reading St Teresa's Interior Castle. So far I've managed to stick to my reading plan or non-reading plan as it were. I'm way behind on 40 bag/40 days but hope to catch-up next week.
- Speaking of books; Modern Mrs Darby compiled a couple lists of most recommended books. I really enjoy reading these lists even if they include books from genre I don't usually read.
- It is an often quoted cliche "The days are long, but the years are short." Given that tomorrow Elisabeth will be ten years old and I recently enrolled Caitlin for Kindergarten it feels like my mantra. It is true that one doesn't love every moment but thank heavens for the pictures and blog posts that record the moments I haven't always soaked in as I was managing to get from wake-up to tuck-in with everyone feed, clean and not fighting.
- A full birthday post forthcoming but simply put I am grateful beyond words the beautiful, spirited girl who brought with her the gift of motherhood to me and the decade I've gotten to spend watching her grow and change up-close.
- Praying for everyone here in the East in the storm's path; may you stay dry, keep your power and may it not mess with weekend plans too much!!
Please head over to Kelly's for more 7QT's.
|5 years old|
|Showing off the loft bed she built with her dad.|