Friday, January 25, 2019

7 Quick Takes #274: A Decade in the Making



  1. Writing this very grateful for my warm house as we have been having crazy cold weather recently, while also acknowledging some of you have my area beat all-hollow so hoping wherever you are reading this ~ you are warm too!
  2. After watching most of both National Championships games last week including overtime I'm a bit grateful for a football-free weekend. I am of course thrilled that the Patriots are Super Bowl bound and will of course be watching; but happy for a bit of downtime before the Championship.
  3. The other excitement of last Sunday was the Great Wolf Moon turn Blood Moon turn Lunar Eclipse. Adding to the excitement was given the holiday on Monday we could let Lisbeth stay up for the eclipse. In reality it was so cold that starting at 11:30 we would go outside watch for a couple of minutes, come inside & color for a few minutes, repeat till about midnight. Still an amazing sight and a fun one to share with family.
  4. Catholic School Week begins on Sunday and the kids are excited for all the fun activities planned by the school including various contests and a fun dinner-out at a local restaurant, and I'm looking forward to helping again with the Book Fair.
  5. It is also Pine Box Derby time and Liam (a Wolf Cub) is hard at work with Dr Daddy in the design and creation of his car.  He made one last year but this is his first year entering a car in the derby which is adding to the excitement and fun.
  6. This week marks 10 years since I started this blog which is a little beyond belief for me; but as the 9 month old I spent my days with then is talking about what she wants to do to celebrate her 11th birthday I am well aware that time has indeed been passing!!
  7. The support, encouragement and fellowship I have received from you readers and fellow bloggers over these past 10 years (and 997 posts) has been amazing and I thank you all very much for coming along on this blogging journey with me.

Please head over to Kelly's for more 7QT's.

1 comment:

  1. Wow- those moon pictures! And congrats on ten years- amazing that you'll hit your 1000th post soon too! :)

    ReplyDelete