Friday, February 1, 2019

What is saving my life currently; Winter '19

Happy February! After a week of single digit weather I'm happily linking-up with the 
Modern Mrs Darcy and sharing some of what is keeping the winter blues at bay for me.

  • Reading always and forever amen! Reading blogs and feeling connected, reading deep books and feeling informed and strengthen, reading light books and finding a quiet corner amidst the chaos to feed my spirit. 


  • Coloring with my girls or journaling in my gratitude journal. 
  • Seeking out a good series to binge watch a couple episodes with Dr Daddy in the evenings once the kiddos are tucked.  Currently Madam Secretary!
  • Lighting a candle or two in the evening.
  • Weekly visit to a local coffee shop and making a cup of tea as we start homework.
What is saving your life this winter?

4 comments:

  1. I love Madam Secretary and the interaction between her and her husband. I often forget to light candles but they do make me feel more calm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading has really helped me deal with this bad weather. I haven't gotten cabin fever at all. I just get warm and cozy under a blanket and read through my stack of books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, these are all great!! Definitely reading a ton here! And lots of tea! I've been starting to light some candles and want to do it more often-- just need ones that don't make the kids stuffy and that their little fingers can't reach ;)

    ReplyDelete