Friday, May 1, 2020

Quick Takes #288: Thoughts as May blooms




  1. Happy May Day! Channeling Mr Darcy to Elizabeth "I hope your family is in good health"; we are all doing fine here and my Lily of the Valley have come up nicely which always seems a good omen for the month to me.
  2. Speaking of Pride and Prejudice, one of the post school day pleasures I am enjoying is listening to Jennifer Ehle's Youtube channel where she is reading the book chapter by chapter. Lovely!! 
  3. Another treat I really enjoy is reading on the front porch which I had been early in April, unfortunately the last two weeks have been too chilly. Fingers crossed that May allows for more porch sitting and reading. 
  4. School lessons are continuing well with us overall in a good pattern, but with just enough hiccups and technical glitches to keep me on my toes. The teachers and administrators arranged a car parade this week and it was so much fun.  The planned route went right by our house so we were able to stand in the front year with the signs the kids made and cheer. The kids really enjoyed seeing their teachers and it broke up the monotony of week.
  5. With so much uncertain about summer plans we paid our community pool dues but are otherwise trying to stay in the present.  Focusing on making remote learning go smoothly; and finding some fun in each day while keeping it quiet when Dr Dad is tele-conferencing.
  6. With good weather predicted we have high hopes for knocking out jobs both inside and out; but I'm also planning on some porch reading. Whatever your weekend holds ~ Enjoy!

Please head over to Kelly's for more 7QT's!

No comments:

Post a Comment