1. So we are back having enjoyed another wonderful week in Maine with Grandma and some of our cousins. Dr Daddy was able to get away a couple of days early but did have to work part of Thursday so we left mid-afternoon and had a good ride up arriving a little after midnight. Love this picture of Lisbeth from the next day; windows open, ocean breeze blowing, getting into vacation mode.
2. This year we had the great idea of getting the 'travel down to the outlets and shop' day out of the way before any fun cousins arrived. For the grown-ups this means bargain shopping, for the kids riding as many as they can talk the grown-ups into.
3. This plan let the rest of the week be focused on beach time;
4. Eating wonderful local food, highlights this year being Caitlin getting her own cones, the girls picking blueberries and blackberries which showed up in many pancake breakfasts thanks to G-ma's new griddle and Amazing Clams!
5. Making many star and moon cookies on the one day which was a rain-out. The cookies were for the Star Party later that week.
6. Taking the girls for their first mani/pedi at a local spa G-ma had been to. The girls were so excited and had a wonderful time; and we had a wonderful time watching it all unfold from our comfy chairs where my SIL and I were getting our own pedicures.
|trying to recreate last year's picture with a reluctant model|
|who ran away as soon as able.|
The trip home gathering furniture as we went merits a post of its own. In the meantime please head over to Conversion Diary for more Quick Takes!