Tuesday, April 28, 2015

A Day at Longwood

   Last Saturday Dr Daddy unfortunately had hospital duty, so wanting to do something nice for the kids and knowing from emails from the garden that the tulips were in bloom I loaded everyone up and we headed about an hour south to Longwood Gardens.

   First we went to the the Flower Walk were I try and take in as much flower beauty as is possible without losing track of any of the littles who head through this area much quicker than I do.


Then we visited two of the three tree houses.

Next per Liam's request we went to see the banana trees in the Conservatory
 Next we played in the Children's Castle, a favorite filled with fountains to play in and alcoves to explore. Unfortunately no pictures as it was very crowded and Caitlin was very interested in splashing in all of the fountains.

Next a game or two of hide-and-seek in the Topiary Garden


And then it was time to head home, as I hash-tagged on my Instagram 
#exhausted but worth it

2 comments:

  1. What a pretty place! Sounds like a great outing. I'd love to go to a garden like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those tulips are beautiful! We have a botanical gardens around here and have never actually been - I'll have to add it to the spring trip list!

    ReplyDelete