- We spent last weekend in Richmond celebrating my Mom's birthday. It was great to get together with family and friends to celebrate her; especially nice was the fact that her sister was able to come over from Belgium for the party.
- One of the things I most admire most about her is her strong personal faith. I rarely found growing up in an interfaith home difficult because of the respect my parents showed each others beliefs but I also know that maintaining her faith practices in the face of an older, occasionally cynical spouse must have taken a great deal of inner strength of which I am so grateful. I realize that many people have found their to the Church as adults but am still very glad that I have known it all my life.
- My mother is Belgian and carries herself with a lot of European elegance but is also one of the hardest working people I know, thinking nothing of working up to three jobs to cover the bills when my Dad changed careers.
- Both my parents loved the ocean and were great readers so my love of these things likely came from both. I enjoy very much exchanging book recommendations and reviews with her; and the times when life allows us to enjoy the ocean together are some of my favorite memories.
- She has taught me the great goodness in taking the time to enjoy friend and family's company over a piece of chocolate and some wine or whatever is available. Remembering to not rush away from the family table is a life lesson I hope to pass on to my children.
- She loves her grandchildren very much and makes an effort to play an active role in their lives; even those who live many states away.
- Wrapping up this all family ~ all the time post: A shout-out to my middle sister who spent the beginning of the week in St Louis being celebrated for being exceptional by her company at corporate headquarters!! And a shout-out to my youngest sister who earlier this week published her tenth book!!
My phone is currently resisting being downloaded so enjoy this picture from 2010 with
6 of 8 grands pictured.
Please head over to Kelly's for more 7QT's