Sunday, August 15, 2010

Assumption Thoughts


For as long as I can remember in my family we have celebrated today as my and my mom's 'name day'. My mother is Belgian and continued the tradition of celebrating name or patron days with my sisters and me.
The day gained greater poignancy six years ago when my father-in-law lost his battle with cancer and was called home to God.

This week I have been taking time to enjoy and perhaps even soak in the wonder of God's creation as I look out over the ocean, inhale as the wind breezes thru the pines or watch for a shooting star ~ but as I watched the sun come up this morning I was again reminded that while we are blessed to know this wonderful and wondrous world at some point we are called home to live and love in ever greater measure our Heavenly Father.


No comments:

Post a Comment